According to Wikipedia, a New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until fulfilled or abandoned.
Remain until fulfilled or abandoned? Abandoned? Okay... So some resolutions are meant to be abandoned, right? I tried not to think about resolutions for 2009 since I was thinking time would come that they're no longer followed. Not until I found the definition above. So here is a list of my resolutions for the new year.
- Go to mass every Sunday at the Xavier University Chapel.
- Try to avoid over-eating. I'm getting fat! *worries*
- Start thinking positive all the time. Don't worry too much.
- Save money!
- Don't be insecure. I'll try.
- Avoid cramming. Be a responsible student!
- Clean your room regularly.
- Don't speak bad words!
- Avoid backbiting. Stop being mean!
- Be kind. Be nice.