Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolution

What really is it?


According to Wikipedia, a New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until fulfilled or abandoned.

Remain until fulfilled or abandoned? Abandoned? Okay... So some resolutions are meant to be abandoned, right? I tried not to think about resolutions for 2009 since I was thinking time would come that they're no longer followed. Not until I found the definition above. So here is a list of my resolutions for the new year.
  1. Go to mass every Sunday at the Xavier University Chapel.
  2. Try to avoid over-eating. I'm getting fat! *worries*
  3. Start thinking positive all the time. Don't worry too much.
  4. Save money!
  5. Don't be insecure. I'll try.
  6. Avoid cramming. Be a responsible student!
  7. Clean your room regularly.
  8. Don't speak bad words!
  9. Avoid backbiting. Stop being mean!
  10. Be kind. Be nice.
Those are my ten new year's resolutions. I really hope I can commit to each one of them. So help me, God.

How about you, what are your new year's resolutions?


8 comments:

S-H-Y said...

I think you can.. Have a nice New Year!

Anonymous said...

thats right u can sweety, happy new years.....

PaJAY said...

naku! chiken na chiken yang mga resolutions mo...yakang yaka....mga 10 years pa at ma pperfect mo na yan....lolz..

ang hirap ng iba...lalo na yang bad words...hahahahaha...

sana ang last resolution mo e disiplina para matupad mo lahat yan...hahahaha..

teka,inuutusan na ata kita...pwede na nga tong comment ko..hahahaha

HAPPY New year sayo..GOoDLUCK!

Agnes said...

@pajay: i like it when u leave comments on my posts. hahaha! may laman talaga! hahahaha! :p salamat po! for me mahirap gawin mga resolutions ko eh. hahaha! pero yeah... ayl discipline myself. haha! wish me good luck! Happy New Year!:p

SHY said...

Hello girl I added you in my new blog hope you do the same mwah!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully your wish come true at 2009

regards

Anonymous said...

You have a very realistic goal! Pray to God to help you achieve them all.

Anonymous said...

U have been tagged. Plz check it out here: BeautifulHope u'll play along. See u around.

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com